Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2015/11/01 21:34:17 UTC

Re: Transactional Route with JTA

Hi Preben,

yes I remember about the setup you had. It was similar to what I do in
the demo with camel jms and jpa involved.
After I did it correctly the redelivery seems to work fine but my
example is of course far from a production run.

I will read your threads to learn a bit more about you experiences. You
wrote that you did not have enough confidence in the combination of
activemq jca and jee. What alternative did you choose?

Christian

On 31.10.2015 10:15, Preben.Asmussen wrote:
> Hi Christian
>
> I was on the same path some time ago. I don't recall all of the details from
> the top of my head, but there is a couple of posts about it here.
>
> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Setting-redelivery-properties-on-XaConnectionFactory-td4679160.html
>
> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/PooledConnectionFactory-stop-causes-org-apache-activemq-TransactionContext-to-be-declared-unhealthy-tc4679399.html
>
> Maybe there is something useful here.
>
> As i recall I ended up with broker redelivery since client side redelivery
> with xa was not quit working as expected. The drawback of broker redelivery
> is that it runs as a scheduled job, and you might loose fifo ordering.
>
> At the end of the day we didn't get enough confidence in that Activemq jca
> adapter + jee server was the way to go. Too hard to get right, and I recall
> stuck transactions asf.
>
> Best,
> Preben

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: Transactional Route with JTA

Posted by "Preben.Asmussen" <pr...@dr.dk>.
Hi Christian

We stayed on Oracle AQ jms since that's basically also a database :-)
It has worked for us for our current setup doing max 1M messages pr. day,
but it's far from ideal if you need greater throughput, and there isn't any
failover.

Actually I was at a GoTo talk where the speaker had similar experiences with
Activemq. They choose HornetQ instead. I haven't tried that btw.

Best,
Preben