Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Uli Mayring <ul...@denic.de> on 2000/09/12 21:44:10 UTC

What is a cocoon release? (was: Cocoon 1.8.0)

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Donald Ball wrote:

> I concur. I say release the beast.

What does - in the case of cocoon - mean "to release it"? Is it just that
an archive is built of the current code and a version number slapped onto
it? In that case, why not automatically release a new version each night?

Or is there, in fact, some testing going on and only if it has been proved
stable, it is released? In that case could you publicize the platforms you
are testing cocoon with? I think it is vital for 3rd party developers to
know what platform to shoot for with their code.

Also, I don't want to install a new cocoon version some day and one old
cocoon app in a faraway corner of our server suddenly stops working and
no-one notices, until the damage has been done.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Softwareentwicklung