Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com> on 2020/02/27 02:27:52 UTC

Request for feedback: How many Python 3.x minor versions Beam should support concurrently?

Hi Beam users,

There is a conversation on dev@ [1] discussing how many Python 3.x minor
versions Beam Python SDK should aim to support concurrently. We would like
to include users' perspective into account. In particular, we would like to
hear from users who need Beam to support Python versions on the ends of the
spectrum of Python versions that were released, but did not reach
End-of-Life [2].

If you are using Beam on Python 3.5, what are the factors  preventing you
from switching to Python 3.6 or 3.7?

If you need Beam to support Python 3.8 right now, what are the biggest
factors preventing you from using Python 3.7?

Thank you!

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rd070afcebff5c967ec3b25d1f7a77db5278992c1508082bf5f636acd%40%3Cdev.beam.apache.org%3E
[2] https://devguide.python.org/#status-of-python-branches