Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Hugh Sparks <hu...@csparks.com> on 2008/06/25 01:27:29 UTC

Cocoon22 - core.properties and modes with Tomcat

How do I specify the operating mode when running cocoon under Tomcat?

I have a webapp that I built and tested with jetty.
It has some changes to core.properties file in:

src\main\resources\META_INF\cocoon\properties\dev\core.properties

I set the mode to "dev" in the POM for the maven-jetty-plugin:

    <configuration>
    <systemProperties>
        <systemProperty>
            <name>org.apache.cocoon.mode</name>
            <value>dev</value>
        </systemProperty>
    </systemProperties>

This works ok.

When I take the war file and deploy it under Tomcat, the core.properties
under
the dev directory are ignored, but they work if I move them to a "prod"
subdirectory
instead. In the deployed instance, the path is:

    WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\cocoon\properties\prod\core.properties

So the mode has evidently become "prod" instead of "dev".
How can I set this when running with Tomcat rather than jetty?

Thanks to all,

-Hugh Sparks, hugh@csparks.com