Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Erik Beijnoff <er...@beijnoff.com> on 2003/12/03 07:51:06 UTC

Programatically adding mail - WAS [RE: Programatically adding users]

Does this also mean that outgoing and incoming mails can be added
directly to their respective spool tables in the database? In other
words, are the spool tables polled for mail regularly, or do James need
to register the mails itself there to be aware of their existence?

Posted by Carl <mu...@altern.org>.
It seems that outgoing & incoming mail can be added rirectly. It works
for me, however I'don't know if it's scheme according to the design of
James.

Carl

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Does this also mean that outgoing and incoming mails can be added
> directly to their respective spool tables in the database? In other
> words, are the spool tables polled for mail regularly, or do James
> need to register the mails itself there to be aware of their existence?

The database content includes more than RFC 2822 content.  It includes
envelope data, processor, possibly attributes, etc., some of which are
serialized objects.  I would make no guarantees about poking the mail tables
directly.

	--- Noel