Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Syed Mushtaq <sy...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/14 07:08:45 UTC

Unable to create VMs on master because of virtual router failing to start

Hi All,

I am getting the following error on master when I try to create an instance

SSH execution of command /opt/cloud/bin/router_proxy.sh
get_template_version.sh 169.254.3.35 null has an error status code in
return. result output:

I couldn't find the script on the VR. I mounted the systemvm.iso and
confirmed that it does not have the script too. I've cleaned and built
several times ( mvn clean install -P systemvm) but the ISO doesn't contain
the scripts. Does the VR pull these scripts from somewhere else? I thought
all the scripts go in the systemvm.iso and get copied onto the SystemVMs
(VR, CP, SSVM). Does anyone
else see this problem?

Re: Unable to create VMs on master because of virtual router failing to start

Posted by Syed Mushtaq <sy...@gmail.com>.
So after a bit of debugging. I found that those scripts reside on the Dom0
of Xenserver. I removed the /opt/cloud directory from Xenserver, cleaned up
the ssh key file, removed the tags and added the host back and it works
now.

Posted by Syed Mushtaq <sy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.