Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Cedric Kulbach <ku...@fzi.de> on 2021/12/13 10:31:42 UTC

ROS Adapter & JS Eval

Hi all,

I am currently trying to build a Ros Pipeline using the JS Processor and then visualise it in the Dashboard or Data Explorer. Unfortunately, I have to restart the pipeline several times until the data runs through the pipeline.
Enclosed you will find the error message.
Do you have any idea where the problem is?

Best
Cedric

2] INFO  o.a.s.m.kafka.SpKafkaConsumer - Kafka consumer: Connecting to org.apache.streampipes.LNgwJtnfpVkyERlHDUny
[engine] WARNING: The polyglot context is using an implementation that does not support runtime compilation.
The guest application code will therefore be executed in interpreted mode only.
Execution only in interpreted mode will strongly impact the guest application performance.
For more information on using GraalVM see https://www.graalvm.org/java/quickstart/ <https://www.graalvm.org/java/quickstart/>.
To disable this warning the '--engine.WarnInterpreterOnly=false' option or use the '-Dpolyglot.engine.WarnInterpreterOnly=false' system property.
Exception in thread "Thread-19" java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.streampipes.messaging.kafka.SpKafkaProducer.publish(SpKafkaProducer.java:85)
at org.apache.streampipes.wrapper.standalone.routing.StandaloneSpOutputCollector.collect(StandaloneSpOutputCollector.java:47)
at org.apache.streampipes.processors.enricher.jvm.processor.jseval.JSEval.onEvent(JSEval.java:56)
at org.apache.streampipes.wrapper.standalone.runtime.StandaloneEventProcessorRuntime.process(StandaloneEventProcessorRuntime.java:69)
at org.apache.streampipes.wrapper.standalone.routing.StandaloneSpInputCollector.send(StandaloneSpInputCollector.java:53)
at org.apache.streampipes.wrapper.standalone.routing.StandaloneSpInputCollector.lambda$onEvent$0(StandaloneSpInputCollector.java:47)
at org.apache.streampipes.wrapper.standalone.routing.StandaloneSpInputCollector$$Lambda$942/0x00000000941a8950.accept(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.forEach(ConcurrentHashMap.java:1597)
at org.apache.streampipes.wrapper.standalone.routing.StandaloneSpInputCollector.onEvent(StandaloneSpInputCollector.java:47)
at org.apache.streampipes.wrapper.standalone.routing.StandaloneSpInputCollector.onEvent(StandaloneSpInputCollector.java:29)
at org.apache.streampipes.messaging.kafka.SpKafkaConsumer.lambda$run$0(SpKafkaConsumer.java:115)
at org.apache.streampipes.messaging.kafka.SpKafkaConsumer$$Lambda$788/0x00000000940d70c0.accept(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Iterable.forEach(Iterable.java:75)
at org.apache.streampipes.messaging.kafka.SpKafkaConsumer.run(SpKafkaConsumer.java:114)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:826)
[To redirect Truffle log output to a file use one of the following options:
* '--log.file=<path>' if the option is passed using a guest language launcher.
* '-Dpolyglot.log.file=<path>' if the option is passed using the host Java launcher.
* Configure logging using the polyglot embedding API.]

Re: ROS Adapter & JS Eval

Posted by Cedric Kulbach <ku...@fzi.de>.
Hi Philipp,

Thanks! :-)
Youโ€™re right. Itโ€™s kind of random when the pipeline works and when not.
I just restarted the pipeline, without editing.
The ROS adapter connects correctly and receives data.
I checked it several times within the preview of the adapter.

Best
Cedric

Re: ROS Adapter & JS Eval