Posted to jcp-open@apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/11 05:54:07 UTC

Fwd: Fw: JSR 280 - XML API for JavaTM ME - Final Approval Ballot Not Approved

FYI. Another JSR not approved.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Note that in both cases, these applied not specifically to the TCK license
but to the RI and Specification license.  Note that the spec leads are two
different parties.  That said, the EC/EG members certainly are collectively
paying very close attention.

One very good sign is that participants clearly expect to be provided
the licenses much earlier in the process, with time to evaluate the
impact of the license terms.  The other good sign is that they are very
closely measuring the license terms against the requirements of the JSPA.

Bill

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@apache.org>.
Henri Yandell wrote:
> Also failed:
>
>   JSR 190 -  Event Tracking API for J2ME
>
> Again the issue there is JSPA issues and the spec lead not impressing
> on the voters that the JSPA is being adhered to. Presumably neither
> are related to our disagreement, but just that people are paying more
> attention to the licensing all of a sudden.

Including Sun - who also voted down this JSR :)

Niall

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.
Also failed: