Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Samuel Liard <sa...@net-liard.com> on 2006/11/13 23:09:13 UTC

Response and gzip

Hy,

I receive an HTTP response but the content is in gzip format.
I can't read it... It try to use GZIPInputStream, but I just read 633 caracteres...Maybe a EOF is in this content...

What libraries did you use to read gzip stream ?

Thanks

Samuel

RE: Response and gzip

Posted by Julius Davies <ju...@cucbc.com>.
Oh wait, maybe I'm confused.  You're the client, aren't you?

In that case, are you setting the "Accept-Encoding" header?  Here's what my firefox sets:

Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate

I've set that header in the past, and then just used Java's built in GZIPInputStream.  Maybe try a few test runs against Google to make sure your client code is getting the hang of it.

yours,

Julius