Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by tu...@tut.by on 2021/08/24 14:34:13 UTC

Jdbc connection unsuccessful [java][jdbc]

Hello!

I got in trouble when writing a java application with database access in
NetBeans. The following string of code:

Connection myConn = DriverManager.getConnection(jdbcUrl, user, pass);

throws an exception with a message:

"No suitable driver found for
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/hb_student_tracker?useSSL=false"

The connection string seems to be correct, so I suspect the problem arises
from the project properties. The point is I created a lib folder in the
project files and placed the needed libraries there, including the mysql jdbc
connector jar. I don't know whether this is the right approach with NetBeans.
Maybe the connector jar is not located in that folder, so the exception is
thrown. I'm using version 12.0.

commands, e-mail: users-help@netbeans.apache.org For further information about
the NetBeans mailing lists, visit: