Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dimitri Yioulos <dy...@firstbhph.com> on 2005/10/06 21:28:19 UTC

[users@httpd] SSL and directories

Hello to all.

I'm pretty new to apache and ssl.  I have httpd-2.0.46-46.3.ent.centos.1 and
mod_ssl-2.0.46-46.3.ent.centos.1 installed on a CentOS 3.3 box.  I have an
SSL cert installed, and SSLCertificateFile and SSLCertificateKey locations
specified correctly in ssl.conf.  I have a web mail app which I'm now able to
access via SSL (but I did the SSL config in the app itself), so I'm pretty
confident the basic SSL setup is correct.

I want to access another web-based program (Mailwatch for MailScanner, no SSL
config directives in the program) via SSL.  According to everything I read, I
should add the directive:

<Directory /var/www/html/mailscanner>
     SSLRequireSSL
</Directory>

to my httpd.conf file.  When I do this, and restart httpd, I get a 403 error.
The httpd error log reads "access to var/www/html/mailscanner/ failed,
reason: SSL connection required".

This is driving me crazy.  Would someone be kind enough to point out my
faux-pas?

Many thanks.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.