Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com> on 2017/07/20 22:43:33 UTC

To code is human, to review divine.

To newer Impala contributors out there:

Thank you for contributing! I hope you continue contributing!

To increase your understanding of Impala and make your next contribution
easier, you could consider investing time in code reviews! You can watch
existing reviews at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-impala-reviews/ or
https://lists.apache.org/list.html?reviews@impala.apache.org or
https://gerrit.cloudera.org/#/q/project:Impala-ASF

I find reviewing code is very educational for me. If there is a change I
want to do but don't have the time or expertise for, I try to follow the
review of that code when someone else gets around to writing the change.

High quality reviewing is also one path towards committership.