Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by David La France <da...@silveregg.co.jp> on 2002/01/24 07:51:10 UTC

modifiers

Hi,

I have a couple of questions.

I'm trying to figure out how to implement a http parameter modifier so that every thread in a threadgroup would get a unique value for that parameter..for example, if
one parameter to a servlet is a user id, then ideally you would like every thread in the group to have a unique user id, so that each thread appears to the servlet as a
unique user.

I already created a http parameter modifier that allows a thread to change a parameter, so that every time through that thread's loop, the parameter has a different
value.

However, I am having a hard time figuring out how to implement the former.

If I use a static object to dole out the values, then threads that are not even in the same threadgroup will ALSO get their values from this object...which would
obviously be a Bad Thing.

Is there some way I can attach this object to the thread group itself, so that only its threads could access it?  Should I give up and do it the other way?

My other question is: would the http parameter modifier that I already implemented be useful to anyone else?  Should I look into submitting it to the project?

Thanks for your time!
David La France