Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by ManuPK <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/12 15:55:39 UTC

Adding a tooltip(or a title tag) to tapestry grid rows

How can I add a tooltip(or a title tag) to tapestry grid rows? I want to show
row sensitive information in the tool tip. I could do it in t:loop but in
need to use t:grid.

I am using tapestry version 5.0.18.

Re: Adding a tooltip(or a title tag) to tapestry grid rows

Posted by ManuPK <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo wrote:

> Use ordinary grid cell block overrides:
>
> <t:grid ...>
> 	<t:parameter name="propertyNameCell">anything you want here</t:parameter>
> </t:grid>

As I understand, it will add an additional column in the grid. I don't want
that. I want a tool tip to be show on each row and not another column.

May be I can add an input test box and give an html title tag there. but I
want something that applies for all the columns in the row.

Re: Adding a tooltip(or a title tag) to tapestry grid rows

Posted by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com>.
You should override the column to get the new behavior you need ! Just
override it and show what exactly it should by default (since you don't want
anything new regarding what's displayed in the cell), then add your
javascript code to enable the tooltip behavior.

Just give Thiago's suggestion a try and you'll get it.

Or use JS support and register the event handler you have on the cells you
need in the grid.

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 6:08 PM, ManuPK <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo wrote:
> >
> > You're not correct. This will override the block used to display that
> > column.
> >

> Yes. Again I don't want to override any column. I want the data to be shown
> in the tool tip. Which is displayed on "mouse over" on the row.

*Regards,*
*Muhammad Gelbana
Java Developer*

Re: Adding a tooltip(or a title tag) to tapestry grid rows

Posted by ManuPK <ma...@gmail.com>.