Posted to kerby@directory.apache.org by "Li, Jiajia" <ji...@intel.com> on 2016/03/07 06:23:43 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Kerby 1.0.0-RC2

Hi all,

This is the 2st Apache Kerby release (1.0.0-RC2). This is a
release candidate, which means we are reaching an API freeze, but some
bugs might be fixed before we move to an official GA.

Please cast your vote !

The revision :
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=directory-kerby.git;a=commit;h=688b4aa0ac5b675af127cf8f3c08e742ca7c9659

Staging repo:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1077

Source package:

https://home.apache.org/~seelmann/kerby-1.0.0-RC2/

Please cast your votes:
[ ] +1 Release Apache Kerby 1.0.0-RC2
[ ] 0 abstain
[ ] -1 Do not release Apache Kerby 1.0.0-RC2

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Kerby 1.0.0-RC2

Posted by "Yan, Yan A" <ya...@intel.com>.
Non-binding +1

Items checked:
	Build successfully with jdk1.8.0_66, all tests passed.

A little suggestion:
	Maybe we can firstly check whether the system is Windows or Linux, and automatically remind users choosing .sh or .cmd.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Yan

Posted by "Zhou, Wei" <we...@intel.com>.
non-binding +1

Items checked:
	Build successfully with jdk1.7u75, jdk1.8u45 and openjdk1.8u71,  all tests passed.
	Source package signature is valid
	No missing license header and mandatory information in files
	Work flow passed according to the description in kerby-dist/README.md

To improve:
	In Section 1.2 of kerby-dist/README.md, should give some explanation about 'server-conf-dir' just after the command instead of putting it after Section 1.6.

Thanks
Wei

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
+1.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Kerby 1.0.0-RC2

Posted by Yaning Xu <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yaning Xu <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
My answer is, yes. Thanks. -K

A quick question: Have we resolved the various issues that Emmanuel raised previously surrounding code attribution?
Colm.

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 6:55 AM, Lin Chen <li...@foxmail.com>> wrote:
+1

Build successfully with jdk1.8u45, all tests passed and the distributions are generated successfully.

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
As we don't find severe issues I think these minors can be fixed in later release.

+1 for the release.

Regards,
Kai

Posted by "Li, Jiajia" <ji...@intel.com>.
Hi Kai,

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Oops, looks like an issue.

After mvn package -Pdist,

$ bin/start-kdc.sh conf

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
+1 (binding)

Didn't had time to test, but I built and signed the packages, so should
be ok.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.