Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Gerardo Arroyo <ge...@flecharoja.com> on 2002/12/03 18:54:41 UTC

OJB 0.9.8 and ORACLE

Hi,

I had a weird condition using OJB 0.9.8 or 0.9.7 with an ORACLE database. I
had a very simple SELECT statement with an direct WHERE clause.
I used P6Spy in order to detect and analize the SQL Statements sended to the
RDBMS and I found a well formed sentence:
SELECT A0.des_marca,A0.ind_es_comercial,A0.cod_linea,A0.cod_marca FROM
web_marca_tb A0 WHERE A0.cod_linea =  '01'

Note: the '01' argument is a hard-coded value inside my logic
(criteria.addEqualTo("cod_linea", "01"); )

If I run the application the "broker" return 0 rows, but if I cut and paste
the statement and execute it directly I got the 2 rows that in fact exists!!
And I had this problem in diferents segments of my code. Under Sybase 11.9.2
the applications works perfectly.

I am using ORACLE 9.2.0.1.0 and the last JDBC driver. My
jdbc-connection-descriptor is:
 <jdbc-connection-descriptor
   		platform="Oracle"
   		jdbc-level="2.0"
   		driver="com.p6spy.engine.spy.P6SpyDriver"
   		protocol="jdbc"
   		subprotocol="oracle"
		dbalias="thin:@10.1.1.157:1521:auto"
   		username="user"
   		password="pass"
   />

and the real driver is "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Gerardo

how to use distinct ?

Posted by Dhamodharan P <dh...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi Lee Haw,

                 I am also working in oracle DB.When i fetch some record i want to avoid dublicates, so please guide me how to use distinct.If you have any sample snippet just send to me.

Thanks in Advance

Dhamu

 "Ong Lee Haw (FS)" <lh...@frontline.com.sg> wrote:Hi Gerardo,

We're using same environment, without problem you mentioned. Can you post
some code snippet?

The only difference I can see if the ":auto" at the end of your dbalias in
jdbc-connection-descriptor. Is that auto commit or what?

Or perhaps another transaction who inserted the records didn't commit
properly, so those records are only visible within that transaction?

Regards,
Lee Haw

For additional commands, e-mail:

RE: OJB 0.9.8 and ORACLE