Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Moreno Lopez, Eva Maria" <em...@indra.es> on 2009/04/15 12:02:35 UTC

special characters in templates

Hello,

We are generating a Word template in our application. In windows all works ok, but in linux, when the value associated with the variables of the template have special characters ( ñ, ´, eg..) , the word document generated by velocity doesn´t recognise that speciall characters.

Can anybody help us, please?

Thanks.

Eva Mª Moreno López

Centro Mixto de I+D de Software Indra - UCLM

Ronda de Toledo s/n

13005  Ciudad Real (España)

Tel.: (+34) 926 012 120  -  ext. 28970

emmoreno@indra.es <ma...@indra.es>

Re: special characters in templates

Posted by jian chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
I would recommend that you use UTF-8 when handling the templates. That works
fine for both Windows and Linux.

Jian
http://www.JiansNet.com

Posted by ap...@recks.org.