Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/17 01:12:49 UTC

RE: How to send a language specific "subject" for new userconfirm ation e-mail

Hi,

--- "Ignacio J. Ortega" <na...@siapi.es> wrote:
> Forget this message .. just understanding how it's esed.. ;)

Same here too ;-)

> Anyway the part on translate this strings to properties it's
> appropiatte.. what do yo think..?.

Sounds like a good idea (at least for general system/screen messages)
- although I've not looked at Turbine localisation - does it do it
via properties files/db?

Chris

=====
Need somewhere to Live in London? - Then go to http://freeflats.com

Re: How to send a language specific "subject" for new userconfirm ation e-mail

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 11/16/01 4:12 PM, "Chris Kimpton" <ki...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sounds like a good idea (at least for general system/screen messages)
> - although I've not looked at Turbine localisation - does it do it
> via properties files/db?
>
> Chris

It uses ResourceBundles, so it is up to you to decide if you want properties
files or class files.

db is not an option, that just isn't needed and would cause a lot of
overhead for someone wanting to just use static strings...

-jon