Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org> on 2008/10/23 22:44:25 UTC

Problem executing jar file from Maven.

I'm trying to execute a jar file from a Maven profile.  Liquibase
actually has a plugin, but the command I want to use is not supported.
This profile should do the trick, but I'm seeing an ArrayStoreException
from it.  The debug information didn't really lead me anywhere.
Hopefully, I've just got some little something in the wrong place and
someone will spot it quickly.

Thanks!
Dave

Here is my profile:

        <profile>
            <id>generate_changelog_xml</id>
            <properties>
                <executionClass>liquibase.commandline.Main</executionClass>
            </properties>
            <build>
                <plugins>
                    <plugin>
                        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                        <artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                        <dependencies>
                            <dependency>
                                <groupId>org.liquibase</groupId>
                                <artifactId>liquibase-core</artifactId>
                                <version>1.8.1</version>
                            </dependency>
                            <dependency>
                                <groupId>mysql</groupId>

<artifactId>mysql-connector-java</artifactId>
                                <version>5.0.4</version>
                            </dependency>
                        </dependencies>
                        <executions>
                            <execution>
                                <goals>
                                    <goal>java</goal>
                                </goals>
                            </execution>
                        </executions>
                        <configuration>

<includeProjectDependencies>false</includeProjectDependencies>

<includePluginDependencies>true</includePluginDependencies>
                            <executableDependency>
                                <groupId>org.liquibase</groupId>
                                <artifactId>liquibase-core</artifactId>
                            </executableDependency>

<mainClass>liquibase.commandline.Main</mainClass>
                            <arguments>
                                <argument>-classpath</argument>
                                <classpath>

<dependency>mysql:mysql-connector-java</dependency>
                                </classpath>
                            </arguments>
                            <commandlineArgs>

<argument>--driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</argument>

<argument>--url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/harvey</argument>
                                <argument>--username=harvey</argument>
                                <argument>--password=harvey</argument>

<argument>--changeLogFile=changelog.xml</argument>
                                <argument>generateChangeLog</argument>
                            </commandlineArgs>
                        </configuration>
                    </plugin>
                </plugins>
            </build>
        </profile>

RESOLVED: Problem executing jar file from Maven.

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.
I finally figured out the right configuration dance.  In case anyone is
interested, here is the final configuration I ended up with.  This would
replace that same chunk from the original profile, found below.

                        <executions>
                            <execution>
                                <goals>
                                    <goal>java</goal>
                                </goals>
                            </execution>
                        </executions>
                        <configuration>

<includeProjectDependencies>true</includeProjectDependencies>

<includePluginDependencies>true</includePluginDependencies>
                            <executableDependency>
                                <groupId>org.liquibase</groupId>
                                <artifactId>liquibase-core</artifactId>
                            </executableDependency>

<mainClass>liquibase.commandline.Main</mainClass>
                            <commandlineArgs>
                                --driver=${harvey.database.driver}
--url=${harvey.database.url} --username=${harvey.database.username}
--password=${harvey.database.password} --changeLogFile=changelog.xml
generateChangeLog
                            </commandlineArgs>
                        </configuration>