Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by d_k <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/12 15:17:27 UTC

Is it possible to run Nutch 2.x with httpclient 3 and 4 simultaneously?

I'm looking into upgrading the httpclient version used by
protocol-httpclient because there are some fixes in the 4.x branch that I
need and I realized it will be impossible to do without braking gora 3
support of hbase 90.x because the latter still uses httpclient 3 so I was
wondering how bad will it be if i'll upgrade the dependencies to httpclient
4, change protocol-httpclient to use the version 4 API without touching any
gora/hbase code considering the package name has changed so the new library
should not effect code that didn't import the new package and have them
loaded and live side by side?

>From the looks of it, having two versions of the same library sounds like a
bad idea but i'll be happy to hear an opinion on the subject.