Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Kevin Ross <Ke...@iVerticalLeap.com> on 2003/06/27 17:51:57 UTC

[NEED HELP] Update build to create a standalone distribution

Hello all,

Aadi has been able to get the standalone version of xindice working
(from a cvs checkout of the project).  We need to enhance the 'release'
target to create a working standalone distribution!

All you need is some knowledge of ant, and batch scripting.

Tasks to be done:

1.	enhance 'release' target for a standalone distribution
2.	add ant 'tokens' to batch files to change version numbers based
on one specified in the build file.

Let me know if you would like to take this on, so I can make sure
multiple people aren't working on it.

Thank you,

Kevin Ross

RE: [NEED HELP] Update build to create a standalone distribution

Posted by Kevin Ross <Ke...@iVerticalLeap.com>.
Yes definitely, based on your past email, I thought you were already
working on it.  Let me know...

Thanks!

Kevin

Posted by Aadi Deshpande <ma...@clubmom-inc.com>.

Posted by Kevin Ross <Ke...@iVerticalLeap.com>.
Make sure that the command:

ant release

Will trigger the standalone distribution to be built (along with the
others).  This usually means created another target and adding it to the
release target as a dependency.

-Kevin

PS- Aadi, send me your eclipse-ui patch ASAP

i can take it on, i just need clarification for what enhance 'release'
target means.

Posted by Aadi Deshpande <ma...@clubmom-inc.com>.

Posted by Aadi Deshpande <ma...@clubmom-inc.com>.

Posted by Kevin Ross <Ke...@iVerticalLeap.com>.