Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com> on 2017/05/06 00:03:03 UTC

binary releases

I wanted to see how the community felt about also publishing binaries as
part of the release. Hadoop, for example, has been doing this

http://hadoop.apache.org/releases.html
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hadoop/common/hadoop-2.8.0/

Thanks

Re: binary releases

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.
Yes, I can take up the packaging part.

Re: binary releases

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.

Re: binary releases

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.

Re: binary releases

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.

Re: binary releases

Posted by Vlad Rozov <v....@datatorrent.com>.

Re: binary releases

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Just be aware that it may require different LICENSE and NOTICE and the contents of the binary are likely to different to the source release. [1]

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#binary

Re: binary releases

Posted by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com>.
We should, it is good for the community.

Thks
Amol

E:amol@datatorrent.com | M: 510-449-2606 | Twitter: @*amolhkekre*

www.datatorrent.com