Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <me...@webex.com> on 2015/12/02 11:56:04 UTC

WebEx meeting invitation: Apache Tomcat: TLS Virtual Hosting

Hello,

Mark Thomas invites you to join this WebEx meeting.

Apache Tomcat: TLS Virtual Hosting
Tuesday, 8 December 2015
10:00  |  GMT Time (London, GMT)  |  1 hr

JOIN WEBEX MEETING
https://pivotal.webex.com/pivotal/j.php?MTID=md04c20b9c83695a23992a9a2f9ea1302
Meeting number: 640 832 227

JOIN BY PHONE
Call-in toll-free number: 1-877-8818371  (US)
Call-in number: 1-617-3374371  (US)
Show global numbers:
https://sites.google.com/a/pivotal.io/pivotal-it/pivotal-conferencing
Attendee access code: 289 459 03

Add this meeting to your calendar:
https://pivotal.webex.com/pivotal/j.php?MTID=m9e9c0d24e609886438948d2f4265823d

Can't join the meeting? Contact support here:
https://pivotal.webex.com/pivotal/mc

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this WebEx service allows audio and other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be discoverable in a legal matter. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded, discuss your concerns with the host or do not join the session.

Re: WebEx meeting invitation: Apache Tomcat: TLS Virtual Hosting

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 09/12/2015 15:39, Rainer Frey (Inxmail GmbH) wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> On 08.12.2015, at 11:41, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>> The meetings are currently set up so you have to use a telephone to
>> connect to the audio. You can either dial in or get the system to call
>> you back.
>
> I am pretty sure that I have attended webex meetings with audio in the webex client.
> Would it be possible to set up future webinars like that? Having to use a phone is
> quite cumbersome.

Because of how $work have purchased WebEx (and I am using $work's
account) the options are all telephone or all VOIP. There is no way to
support both for the same meeting.

I have opted for telephone to date but we can experiment with VOIP for
the next if that is what people prefer.

> Also, audio quality of the youtube recording is really bad (at least this time).
> Any improvement would be appreciated.

I used exactly the same equipment. Maybe the line was bad. I'm looking
into getting a headset for future webinars which should give a more
consistent quality.

Depending on how bad the YouTube recording is (the bits I sampled were
OK) we do have the option of re-recording the audio (although it would
probably be easier just to re-record the whole thing).

Mark

Re: WebEx meeting invitation: Apache Tomcat: TLS Virtual Hosting

Posted by "Rainer Frey (Inxmail GmbH)" <Ra...@inxmail.de>.
Hi,

> On 08.12.2015, at 11:41, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> The meetings are currently set up so you have to use a telephone to
> connect to the audio. You can either dial in or get the system to call
> you back.

I am pretty sure that I have attended webex meetings with audio in the webex client.
Would it be possible to set up future webinars like that? Having to use a phone is
quite cumbersome.

Also, audio quality of the youtube recording is really bad (at least this time).
Any improvement would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rainer

Re: WebEx meeting invitation: Apache Tomcat: TLS Virtual Hosting

Posted by gu...@unina.it.
Quoting Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:

> On 10 December 2015 15:28:03 GMT+00:00, gustavo.avitabile@unina.it wrote:
>> Quoting Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:

>>> The meetings are currently set up so you have to use a telephone to
>>> connect to the audio. You can either dial in or get the system to
>> call
>>> you back.
>>>
>>> It looks like something did go wrong with the audio for this
>> morning's
>>> meeting. As I said when I sent the first invitations out, this is new
>>> for us and we expect to have a few issues as we figure out how best
>>> do this.
>>>
>>> For this evening's meeting I am going to try a couple of different
>> things:
>>> 1. See if I can enable audio via the same device you are watching the
>>> video so you don;t need a separate phone line.
>>> 2. Dial in from a separate line and ensure that my audio feed is
>> working.
>>>
>>> Mark
>> Thank you Mark:
>>    As I live in Italy, I am afraid dialing or being recalled
>> is not a solution.
>
> Why does living in Italy stop you receiving a call-back?
>
> Mark
I thought it does and I didn't try. I'll try to request a
callback at your next webinar.
                    Gustavo Avitabile

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Mark,

On 12/10/15 11:41 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 10 December 2015 15:28:03 GMT+00:00, gustavo.avitabile@unina.it wrote:
>> Quoting Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:

>>> The meetings are currently set up so you have to use a telephone to
>>> connect to the audio. You can either dial in or get the system to
>> call
>>> you back.
>>>
>>> It looks like something did go wrong with the audio for this
>> morning's
>>> meeting. As I said when I sent the first invitations out, this is new
>>> for us and we expect to have a few issues as we figure out how best
>>> do this.
>>>
>>> For this evening's meeting I am going to try a couple of different
>> things:
>>> 1. See if I can enable audio via the same device you are watching the
>>> video so you don;t need a separate phone line.
>>> 2. Dial in from a separate line and ensure that my audio feed is
>> working.
>>>
>>> Mark
>> Thank you Mark:
>>    As I live in Italy, I am afraid dialing or being recalled
>> is not a solution.
>
> Why does living in Italy stop you receiving a call-back?

I'm in the US and $markt->work() called my phone here from London. Not
cheap for them, but it does work across national boundaries.

-chris

Re: WebEx meeting invitation: Apache Tomcat: TLS Virtual Hosting

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 26/01/2016 21:47, gustavo.avitabile@unina.it wrote:
> Mark:
>    I tried to access your meeting again. I tried on
> Tuesday, Jan 26 at 9pm, meeting number 647 936 105.
> I failed again.
>    I used a notebook  with Windows 10, and I got a
> message that WebEx doesn't support Windows 10.
>    Then I switched to Ubuntu. I accessed the meeting,
> but I got a message: The Audio device is unaccessible
> now. I could see no slides.
>    It looks like the settings for such meetings are
> not working yet.
>                  Gustavo Avitabile

Sorry about that. Other people were able to see the slides and hear the
audio so it does look like an incompatibility between WebEx and your
environment. Was any sort of on-line help option available?

The recording should be available on YouTube tomorrow. I'll post when it
is ready.

Kind regards,

Mark

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
> [...]

>>    Can you suggest how can I attend the live meeting?
>
> The meetings are currently set up so you have to use a telephone to
> connect to the audio. You can either dial in or get the system to call
> you back.
>
> It looks like something did go wrong with the audio for this morning's
> meeting. As I said when I sent the first invitations out, this is new
> for us and we expect to have a few issues as we figure out how best to
> do this.
>
> For this evening's meeting I am going to try a couple of different things:
> 1. See if I can enable audio via the same device you are watching the
> video so you don;t need a separate phone line.
> 2. Dial in from a separate line and ensure that my audio feed is working.
>
> Mark
Thank you Mark:
    As I live in Italy, I am afraid dialing or being recalled
is not a solution. I will wait until you succeed enabling

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 08/12/2015 11:12, Violeta Georgieva wrote:
> Hi Mark,

>> On 08/12/2015 10:19, gustavo.avitabile@unina.it wrote:
>>> Hi Mark,
>>>    I tried to attend this meeting. I connected with WebEx,
>>> I could see the slides, but I got no audio. The same
>>> happened at you first meeting, a few days ago. I looked
>>> at the first meeting you published in YouTube, with no
>>> problems: the audio was there.
>>>    Can you suggest how can I attend the live meeting?
>>
>> The meetings are currently set up so you have to use a telephone to
>> connect to the audio. You can either dial in or get the system to call
>> you back.
>>
>> It looks like something did go wrong with the audio for this morning's
>> meeting. As I said when I sent the first invitations out, this is new
>> for us and we expect to have a few issues as we figure out how best to
>> do this.
>>
>> For this evening's meeting I am going to try a couple of different things:
>> 1. See if I can enable audio via the same device you are watching the
>> video so you don;t need a separate phone line.
>> 2. Dial in from a separate line and ensure that my audio feed is working.
>
> I tried with dial in and with call back, but both were not working for me
> this morning.
>
> I was able to see the slides but there was no audio.
>
> A colleague of mine also tried without success - no audio this morning.
>
> For this evening's meeting I can join earlier and I also will be able to
> tell you whether the audio is OK on my side.

Thanks. I'm going to dial in on a separate line to double check.

I'm currently on the phone to support to see why audio via computer is
not available. Bingo. It is a 'feature'.

The short version is the service $work has set up uses a separate
conference call service and you can't use VOIP at the same time. It is
either or. Given that landlines are more reliable and that a call-back
option is available (so it should be zero cost to participants) I'm
going to continue with that route.

I'll update the opening slides to make it clear audio via the PC is not
an option.

Mark

Re: WebEx meeting invitation: Apache Tomcat: TLS Virtual Hosting

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <vi...@apache.org>.
Hi Mark,

> On 08/12/2015 10:19, gustavo.avitabile@unina.it wrote:
> > Hi Mark,
> >    I tried to attend this meeting. I connected with WebEx,
> > I could see the slides, but I got no audio. The same
> > happened at you first meeting, a few days ago. I looked
> > at the first meeting you published in YouTube, with no
> > problems: the audio was there.
> >    Can you suggest how can I attend the live meeting?
>
> The meetings are currently set up so you have to use a telephone to
> connect to the audio. You can either dial in or get the system to call
> you back.
>
> It looks like something did go wrong with the audio for this morning's
> meeting. As I said when I sent the first invitations out, this is new
> for us and we expect to have a few issues as we figure out how best to
> do this.
>
> For this evening's meeting I am going to try a couple of different things:
> 1. See if I can enable audio via the same device you are watching the
> video so you don;t need a separate phone line.
> 2. Dial in from a separate line and ensure that my audio feed is working.

I tried with dial in and with call back, but both were not working for me
this morning.

I was able to see the slides but there was no audio.

A colleague of mine also tried without success - no audio this morning.

For this evening's meeting I can join earlier and I also will be able to
tell you whether the audio is OK on my side.

Regards,
Violeta

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.