Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidworks.com> on 2013/07/09 22:40:58 UTC

Re: [CONF] Apache Solr Reference Guide > Internal - Trunk Changes to Document

Perhaps it would also be possible to add a new page at it's final
resting place, and just not reference it from the main "stable"
documentation?
Docs on long lived trunk issues can gain a lot of external references
and significant link juice...

-Yonik
http://lucidworks.com

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Perhaps it would also be possible to add a new page at it's final
: resting place, and just not reference it from the main "stable"
: documentation?
: Docs on long lived trunk issues can gain a lot of external references
: and significant link juice...

That's why i mentioned that child pages with "real" documentation can go
ahead and be created under that page -- as long as the *name* of the page
doesn't change, the URL will not change, even if the page is moved out
from under that parent into a "real" location in the doc.

I'll update the page to make this more clear.

-Hoss