Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by "anant.asty@gmail.com" <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/13 05:53:43 UTC

Help with creating a Realm

I need to authenticate access to a web App using shiro.
the login page has 3 fields namely username password and server name.
I want my realm to query the specified server. the server would return the
access level etc for the user.
I have been trying but i have not figured out how to make this happen.
I can not understand where the values submitted in the login form go to and
how to access them

Re: Help with creating a Realm

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
You'll want to use a custom AuthenticationToken.  Say, subclass to the
UsernamePasswordToken and create a ServerUsernamePasswordToken that
stores the additional server name.

Then your realm implementation can cast the token in the
doGetAuthenticationInfo implementation, get the server name, and query
only that server.

HTH,

Les

P.S.  Please use the user list for these types of questions.  The dev
list is for discussions related to the development of the Shiro
framework itself.  Thanks!