Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Scott Palmer <sw...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/28 19:32:30 UTC

Re: Native packaging

+1 to NetBeans packaging option flipping to use jpackage on JDK 14+.

In fact, if NB is running on JDK14 or greater, or even just has a Java 14 or greater JDK configured, it should be able to use jlink/jpackage to package an application even if the application project is configured to use an earlier JDK.  If no Java 14+ JDK is available, the native package option in NetBeans should simply put up a dialog stating that a Java 14 or greater JDK must be available to use that option (even for projects that use an earlier JDK).  Maybe even have a button there to go to the Java Platform Manager to add a JDK.

Adding the dev list to see if someone there is interested in this...

Regards,

Scott