Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/18 01:06:06 UTC

HttpClient version

I am trying to use Solr inside of another framework (Storm) that provides a
version of HttpClient (4.1.x) that is incompatible with the latest version
that SolrJ requires (4.3.x).  Is there a way to use the older version of
HttpClient with SolrJ?  Are there any issues with using an earlier SolrJ
(4.0.0) that used HttpClient 4.1.x with 4.3 of the server?  I'm really just
looking for options for running Solr in Storm, so any thoughts would be
greatly appreciated.

Re: HttpClient version

Posted by Michael Della Bitta <mi...@appinions.com>.
We've run into this problem when deploying index jobs that run in Elastic
Mapreduce. We've gotten by with an older version of SolrJ, but some of the
fixes and enhancements with SolrCloud that came out in the 4.x series
aren't available if you go back to an earlier version.

In particular, we're running 4.2.1 and we don't have the ability to call
updateAliases on the ZkStateReader to get around this bug:

We've managed to get by so far, however.

Michael Della Bitta

Appinions
18 East 41st Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10017-6271