Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Andrew McGhee <an...@netdecisions.co.uk> on 2001/09/17 15:45:20 UTC

missing /util/xml/PopStack.java

Guys (developers on the Tomcat system development team),

I am still getting emails from users trying to build tomcat from scratch,
about it missing these (and other) java files from the source distribution.

1. Has anyone been able to successfully build Tomcat from the source
distribution.
2. If not, can someone check to see if the sytstem that produces the source
distribution is correctly checkout out files from the CVS repository? I have
a gut feeling that the system is not checking out all of the files required.

Regards,
Andrew Mc.Ghee

Re: missing /util/xml/PopStack.java

Posted by Andy Armstrong <an...@tagish.com>.
Andrew McGhee wrote:

> Guys (developers on the Tomcat system development team),
>
> I am still getting emails from users trying to build tomcat from scratch,
> about it missing these (and other) java files from the source distribution.
>
> 1. Has anyone been able to successfully build Tomcat from the source
> distribution.
> 2. If not, can someone check to see if the sytstem that produces the source
> distribution is correctly checkout out files from the CVS repository? I have
> a gut feeling that the system is not checking out all of the files required.

I couldn't find PopStack.java either, but I realised I didn't need the
release I was trying to build so I gave up the search with the
assumption I was doing something wrong.

--
Andy Armstrong, Tagish

Re: missing /util/xml/PopStack.java

Posted by "TAKAHASHI Hideo(BSD-M1G)" <hi...@bisd.hitachi.co.jp>.
In case your still waiting for replies...

The PopStack class is not stored as a distinct file.
It is one of the classes located in util/xml/XmlMapper.java

And the answer to the other question is yes, I have been able to build
Tomcat from the source distribution for 3.2.1 and 4.0 b7/rc1/rc2.

Hideo.

--
Hideo Takahashi
Business Solutions Division, Hitachi Ltd.