Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by George McKinney <gh...@shaw.ca> on 2002/12/10 04:46:56 UTC

load balancing with in-process workers in 3.3.1

Under Tomcat 3.3.1 on linux, is it possible/reasonable to have multiple
in-process workers and use a loadbalancing worker with them?

I'd like to set up workers inprocess1 and inprocess2
have them load balanced by worker loadbalancer

If I'm deciphering the docs correctly, the mod_jk.conf file would include
something similar to:

JkMount  /servlet/* loadbalancer

and I would setup workers.properties with (in addition to the inprocess
specific properties):

worker.list=loadbalancer
worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=inprocess1, inprocess2

Thanks,

George McKinney
ghmck@shaw.ca

Re: load balancing with in-process workers in 3.3.1

Posted by George McKinney <gh...@shaw.ca>.
Hmmm, after digging through some more of the docs, it looks like the
inprocess workers aren't available for Apache. Is this correct?

But I'm still curious. would the setup I outlined work on a server on which
the inprocess workers are supported?

George.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>