Posted to user@poi.apache.org by WATHELET Thomas <th...@europarl.europa.eu> on 2006/08/24 10:31:07 UTC

Problem with WordExtractor 2

I try to extract some word document with this class:
org.apache.poi.hwpf.extractor.WordExtractor

I retrived this error message:

I retrived this error message because the document is protected with a
password.
How can I solve this error?

Re: Problem with WordExtractor 2

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, WATHELET Thomas wrote:
> I retrived this error message because the document is protected with a
> password.
> How can I solve this error?

There is currently no code in hwpf to detect for password protected files,
so hwpf plows on trying to read it as unencrypted, and gets all confused.

If someone can figure out how to detect if a word document is encrypted or
not, we can add in catching code. Just needs someone to find a bunch of
encrypted documents, and see what they have in common.

Nick