Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Patrick Krug <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2002/10/11 16:25:06 UTC

Spaces in URL's for Portlets cause Jetspeed not to import .xreg file

I am setting up some portlets and I noticied that I can not use URLs that
have spaces.  Is there any way around this?

<portlet-entry name="Moreover_Top20Stories" hidden="false" type="ref"
parent="RSS" application="false">
    <title>Moreover Top 20 Stories</title>
    <description>Moreover Top 20 Stories</description>
<classname>org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets.FileServerPortlet</classname>
<url
cachedOnURL="true">http://p.moreover.com/cgi-local/page?c=Top%20stories&o=rss</url>
</portlet-entry>

Thanks

Re: Spaces in URL's for Portlets cause Jetspeed not to import .xreg file

Posted by Glen Carl <ca...@csc-monterey.com>.
Are you URL encoding the spaces with +'s ? Personally, I think URLs with
  spaces is bad practice, and if you can rewrite the spaces with
underscores you will have better days.
Glen