Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Dave Harvey <dh...@jobcase.com> on 2018/09/06 13:51:52 UTC

Transition from FULL_ASYNC/PRIMARY_SYNC to FULL_SYNC

It is my understanding that for Ignite transactions to be ACID, we need to
have the caches configured as FULL_SYNC.  [  Some of the code seems to
imply only at least one of the caches in the transaction  needs to be
FULL_SYNC, but that is outside the scope of my question. ]

The initial load of our caches takes a long time, because our
StreamReceiver needs to use transactions because it is transforming the
data.   This phase is idempotent, and could easily be run as FULL_ASYNC.
 However, once the data is loaded, we need the guarantees associated with
FULL_SYNC.      Is there any way to accomplish that, short of adding the
ability to change this cache setting dynamically?   Is there any way to
force transactions on caches not configured as FULL_SYNC to be FULL_SYNC?

Thanks,

-DH

Disclaimer

Re: Transition from FULL_ASYNC/PRIMARY_SYNC to FULL_SYNC

Posted by "slava.koptilin" <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hello Dave,

> Is there any way to accomplish that, short of adding the ability to change
> this cache setting dynamically?
Currently, there is no ability to change any cache configuration parameters,
except the ability to turn on/of statistics and modifying a schema (DDL).

Thanks,
S.