Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Darren Marvin <dj...@it-innovation.soton.ac.uk> on 2002/11/21 22:38:20 UTC

Axis, JSSE and HTTPS

Hi all,

I am attempting to make HTTPS invocations from an Axis client to an Apache HTTP Server. I am using the latest nightly build as suggested by members of the developer list. The latest version seems to be vast improvement in terms of providing for changing keystore locations and passwords. My problem now is that I am getting the following during handshake:

failed extension check:

 ext exception was: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Intermediate X.509v3 certificate without basic constraints extension

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

Darren.