Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Luanna Silva <lu...@promon.com.br> on 2002/10/15 21:28:36 UTC

Problems Creating HTTP POST

	Hello, everybody!

	I´ve just started using JMeter, and i cant make the following HTTP Request work:

	HTTP Request -> POST -> login.php ->
	Parameters
	Name=varLogin	Value=joe
	Name=varPasswd	Value=doe

	This PHP reads two variables (varLogin[input type=text] and varPasswd[input type=password]) stored on $HTTP_POST_VARS, and authenticates  the user.

	Using JMeter the PHP finds the varLogin variable, but the varPasswd variable comes always as an empty string.

	I´ve tried to use Once Only Controller, but it didnt work either.

	I´ve installed jmeter1.7beta3.

	Could someone help me, please?

	Thank in advance,

Luanna

Re: Problems Creating HTTP POST

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
This is a subtle GUI bug that causes the value you typed into the last table cell not to register.
To make the last value register, hit "enter" in the cell prior to leaving the component.

Better yet, upgrade to a newer version of JMeter where this has been fixed.

-Mike

On 15 Oct 2002 at 16:28, Luanna Silva wrote:

> 	Hello, everybody!
>
> 	I´ve just started using JMeter, and i cant make the following HTTP Request work:
>
> 	HTTP Request -> POST -> login.php ->
> 	Parameters
> 	Name=varLogin	Value=joe
> 	Name=varPasswd	Value=doe
>
> 	This PHP reads two variables (varLogin[input type=text] and varPasswd[input type=password]) stored on $HTTP_POST_VARS, and authenticates  the user.
>
> 	Using JMeter the PHP finds the varLogin variable, but the varPasswd variable comes always as an empty string.
>
> 	I´ve tried to use Once Only Controller, but it didnt work either.
>
> 	I´ve installed jmeter1.7beta3.
>
> 	Could someone help me, please?
>
> 	Thank in advance,
>
> Luanna