Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Deck <de...@cleansoft.com> on 2000/09/11 01:49:56 UTC

Installing Tomcat with Apache

I'm getting the following message when I start apache:

API module structure `jserv_module' in file /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jserv.so is garbled - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO?

I looked for the FAQ but it was down.

Here's what I've done so far:

* install stock apache 1.3.9 from rpm
* download mod_jserv.so from jakarta site
* rebuild mod_jserv.so
* uninstall apache 1.3.9
* rebuild apache 1.3.12 from sources using

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --add-module=/usr/local/src/jakarta-tomcat/src/native/apache/jserv/mod_jserv.c --enable-shared=jserv

got a different message at this point so i copied mod_jserv.so back over to libexec and got the garbled message again.

-Mike

Michael Deck
Cleanroom Software Engineering, Inc.