Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2010/05/26 02:43:11 UTC

Re: syncing code on server and laptop was demo-trunk error changing Company address

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/Apache+OFBiz+Contribution+and+Development
Since I have my own product I do it slightly different.
but here is a simple way.
on the server make a copy of all the configuration files you do.
that way you can make a script to copy them back over after you update.
I use the nightly builds since they are complied and ready to go with
demo data in derby.
then copy the config files back over.
In put a copy of my script in
when I am designing I do that on eclipse then run ofbiz from command line.
once the jar is built I replace it on the server and do a restart.

========================

BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Matt Warnock sent the following on 5/25/2010 4:16 PM:

Posted by Matt Warnock <mw...@ridgecrestherbals.com>.
Every time I think I've read the relevant docs, someone points out
something that is right on point that I should have seen.  Maybe I need
to practice searching more.  Or perhaps its that I understand what I
didn't before.  Either way, thanks again.

This is EXACTLY what I needed.
--
Matt Warnock <mw...@ridgecrestherbals.com>
RidgeCrest Herbals, Inc.