Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Kenneth Lee <ke...@alfacomtech.com> on 2000/06/26 05:55:55 UTC

mod_perl and FastCGI, again

Hi there,

Not performance. Not preference.

The question is, will mod_fastcgi and mod_perl conflict when both are
compiled into Apache? Theoretically not I think. And what would the
consequences be? Please comment.

Thanks.
Kenneth

Re: mod_perl and FastCGI, again

Posted by David Hodgkinson <da...@hodgkinson.org>.
"Kenneth Lee" <ke...@alfacomtech.com> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> Not performance. Not preference.
>
> The question is, will mod_fastcgi and mod_perl conflict when both are
> compiled into Apache? Theoretically not I think. And what would the
> consequences be? Please comment.

As long as you keep the paths or suffixes they use distinct, then no.

Um.

However, there's no reason, I think, that you couldn't wrap a few
handlers before and after the execution of a FastCGI script.

So, yes, they _could_ possibly interfere, but in a controlled way :-)

--
Dave Hodgkinson,                             http://www.hodgkinson.org
Editor-in-chief, The Highway Star           http://www.deep-purple.com