Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/06 03:50:22 UTC

RE: tabbedPane - style question?

How to make tab border corner round?  Can it be done using CSS?

  Thanks!

Jeffrey Porter <PO...@WMGMAIL.wmg.warwick.ac.uk> wrote:

  Thanks Jeremy,

  I found this for an age old version JSF.
  http://209.61.157.8:8080/taglibs/

  And this link on tab style¡­
  http://www.mail-archive.com/users@myfaces.apache.org/msg04006.html

  It¡¯s a start. I¡¯d like to get my tab¡¯s looking like they do in the first link, I feel this isn¡¯t possible at the moment though.
  (MyFaces limitation)

  Jeff

Posted by Sanjiv Jivan <sa...@gmail.com>.
I had asked a related question a while ago :
http://www.nabble.com/Tomahawk-TabbedPane-and-buttons-t1474145.html#a3986894

The tabs in Tomahawk's TabbedPane component are rendered as buttons and not
lists and this limits the CSS style that can be applied to the tabs.

I ended up going with a approach used by the  DVD Store sample of Seam which
uses plain lists which allows you to easily style the tabs with rounded
corners using CSS.

In orders page :
            <ui:include src="/WEB-INF/incl/cust_nav.xhtml">
                <ui:param name="page" value="orders"/>
            </ui:include>

custom_nav.xhtml

<c:choose
          xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
          xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"
          xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
          xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
          xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html">
    <c:when test="${page=='orders'}">
        <ul>
        </ul>
    </c:when>
    <c:otherwise>
        <ul>
            <li id="current"><a href="browse.faces">Search for
Movies</a></li>
        </ul>
    </c:otherwise>
</c:choose>

Sanjiv

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I don`t think it is possible to style div elements or other dom nodes
with css in order to get rounded shapes. But I know that the rico js
library has some features to get round corners.

Have a look at:

http://openrico.org/rico/demos.page?demo=rico_effect_round

cheers,

Gerald