Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by fix <ne...@pczone.be> on 2004/06/25 15:24:55 UTC

help with tomcat 5 - mod_jk2 - apache 2

Hey there,

I've been searching for a long time know and can't seem to find a
solution. I'm settin up a new production server (pIV 4 gig mem) and wanted
to run 1 apache in front of several tomcat instances.
I've set the whole thing up and it works almost, only the stickySession
attribute isn't getting picked up right or something. If I try to access
our application I get switched between the 2 instances.
here is my workers2.properties file:
[shm]
info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with multiprocess
serversfile=/tmp/jk2.shm
size=1000000

[lb:lb_01]
info=Default load balancer.
debug=0
stickSession=1

[channel.socket:localhost:11009]
tomcatId=localhost:11009
lb_factor=100
group=lb_01

[channel.socket:localhost:12009]
tomcatId=localhost:12009
lb_factor=100
group=lb_01

[status:status]
info=Status worker, displays runtime informations

[uri:/jkstatus/*]
info=Display status information and checks the config file for changes.
group=status:status

[uri:/jsp-examples/*]
info=Map all the JSP examples
group=lb_01

[uri:/servlets-examples/*]
info=Map all the servlet examples
group=lb_01

[uri:/loadtest/*]
info=testing the load balancer
group=lb_01

one tomcat instance

jk2.properties
## COMMENTS WILL BE _LOST_

## DOCUMENTATION OF THE FORMAT IN JkMain javadoc.

# Set the desired handler list
# handler.list=apr,request,channelJni
#
# Override the default port for the socketChannel
channelSocket.port=11009
# Default:
# channelUnix.file=${jkHome}/work/jk2.socket
# Just to check if the the config  is working
# shm.file=${jkHome}/work/jk2.shm

# In order to enable jni use any channelJni directive
# channelJni.disabled = 0
# And one of the following directives:

# apr.jniModeSo=/opt/apache2/modules/mod_jk2.so

# If set to inprocess the mod_jk2 will Register natives itself
# This will enable the starting of the Tomcat from mod_jk2
# apr.jniModeSo=inprocess

server.xml (what is off importance)

 <Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0"
 jvmRoute="localhost:11009">
 <Connector port="11009"
               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" debug="0"
               protocol="AJP/1.3" />

1 thing what's not totaly clear to me is why you have an jk2.properties
file and still have to configure the AJP connector. I initialy thought
this was because the AJP connector worked with TCP and the jk2.properties
was for the UNIX sockets but I think I messed that one up. :)
I'm running tomcat5 latest release and the apache 2 from debian testing.
It is the worker version. I checked it with apache2 -l and i got this
  core.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_logio.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  worker.c
  http_core.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_so.c

this is correct no?

these mods are enabled:

cgi.load  cgid.conf  cgid.load  jk2.load  ssl.conf  ssl.load  usertrack.load

Has anybody had this problem before? I already spent a few houres on
google   and rewrote my properties file several times but always the same
result.
some last info:

Apache/2.0.49 (Debian GNU/Linux) mod_jk2/2.0.4 mod_ssl/2.0.49
OpenSSL/0.9.7d Server at 10.0.0.192 Port 80
thank you

Re: help with tomcat 5 - mod_jk2 - apache 2

Posted by fix <ne...@pczone.be>.
Okay this was a Typo and i fixed it in the workers.properties file. I also
put an empty jk2.properties file in the tomcat conf directories.
However I don't really understand how you can change the jvmRoute to
localhost? I have 2 instances of tomcat, I can't name them both localhost,
can I?
I already tried tomcat1 and tomcat2, but this didn't work either.

More ideas are welcome?

Bjorn

Posted by Carsten Lex <c....@deepweb.de>.
Hi,