Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Shane Eller <sh...@chacha.com> on 2011/01/26 18:16:49 UTC

Invalid cache specification

I'm having some trouble using caching in my pig script.

Lets say I have a file in `/home/user/file.dat`. When I try to reference
it with cache('/home/user/file.dat') I get the following error:

Invalid cache specification: '/home/user/file.dat' does not exist. What
am I missing here?

Thanks,

Shane

Re: Invalid cache specification

Posted by Kim Vogt <ki...@simplegeo.com>.
Shane,

Are you running Cloudera's Distribution?  I ran into a bug where it wasn't
actually copying the files to the datanodes.  I had to manually copy the
file to each datanode.

-Kim