Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Andrew Fielden <af...@tibco.com> on 2007/08/23 18:25:14 UTC

Disabling signature confirmation

I've deployed a web service to Axis2. This web service uses Rampart.
The response SOAP message always contains a signature confirmation
token. I know that this is enabled by default, however I've tried
various things (listed below) in the services.xml to disable this. None
of these have disabled signature confirmation. This causes a problem
when my web service is invoked by e.g. Websphere, because it isn't
expecting the signature confirmation token to be present in the response
message. E.g.

<wsse11:SignatureConfirmation xmlns:wsse11=....>

I'm guessing I've specified the wrong handler to disable it. Could
someone please suggest how I can disable signature confirmation?

Thanks.
Andrew.

What I've tried so far..

	<responseFlow>
		<handler
type="java:org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllReceiver">
			<parameter name="enableSignatureConfirmation"
value="false"/>
		</handler>
		<handler
type="java:org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllHandler">
			<parameter name="enableSignatureConfirmation"
value="false"/>
		</handler>
		<handler
type="java:org.apache.ws.axis.security.WSDoAllReceiver">
			<parameter name="enableSignatureConfirmation"
value="false"/>
		</handler>
	</responseFlow>

	<requestFlow>
		<handler
type="java:org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllReceiver">
			<parameter name="enableSignatureConfirmation"
value="false"/>
		</handler>
		<handler
type="java:org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllHandler">
			<parameter name="enableSignatureConfirmation"
value="false"/>
		</handler>
		<handler
type="java:org.apache.ws.axis.security.WSDoAllReceiver">
			<parameter name="enableSignatureConfirmation"
value="false"/>
		</handler>
	</requestFlow>

	<globalConfiguration>
		<parameter name="enableSignatureConfirmation"
value="false"/>
	</globalConfiguration>

Re: Disabling signature confirmation

Posted by Alberto Patino <pa...@gmail.com>.
I found this services.xml sample in rampart source code:
Hope this help

<service name="PingPort">
	<parameter locked="false"
name="ServiceClass">org.apache.axis2.oasis.ping.PingPortSkeleton</parameter>
	<!--Mounting the method Ping-->
	<operation name="Ping">
		<messageReceiver
class="org.apache.axis2.oasis.ping.PingPortMessageReceiverInOut"/>
	</operation>

    <parameter name="InflowSecurity">
      <action>
        <items>Signature Encrypt Timestamp</items>
        <passwordCallbackClass>org.apache.axis2.security.PWCallback</passwordCallbackClass>
        <signaturePropFile>interop.properties</signaturePropFile>
        <enableSignatureConfirmation>false</enableSignatureConfirmation>
      </action>
    </parameter>

    <parameter name="OutflowSecurity">
      <action>
        <items>Signature Encrypt Timestamp</items>
        <user>bob</user>
        <passwordCallbackClass>org.apache.axis2.security.PWCallback</passwordCallbackClass>
        <signaturePropFile>interop.properties</signaturePropFile>
        <signatureKeyIdentifier>DirectReference</signatureKeyIdentifier>
        <encryptionKeyIdentifier>SKIKeyIdentifier</encryptionKeyIdentifier>
        <encryptionSymAlgorithm>http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#tripledes-cbc</encryptionSymAlgorithm>
        <encryptionUser>alice</encryptionUser>
        <enableSignatureConfirmation>false</enableSignatureConfirmation>
      </action>
    </parameter>

</service>

--