Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Alexander Schätzle <sc...@informatik.uni-freiburg.de> on 2011/02/11 15:12:26 UTC

User History Location

Hello,

I'm a little bit confused about the right key for specifying the User
History Location in CDH3B3 (which is Hadoop 0.20.2+737). Could anybody
please give me a short answer which key is the right one and which
configuration file is the right one to place the key?

1) mapreduce.job.userhistorylocation ?
2) hadoop.job.history.user.location ?

Is the mapred-site.xml the right config-file for this key?

Thx a lot!

Best regards,

Alexander Schätzle
University of Freiburg, Germany

Re: User History Location

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@linkedin.com>.
On Feb 11, 2011, at 6:12 AM, Alexander Schätzle wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a little bit confused about the right key for specifying the User History Location in CDH3B3 (which is Hadoop 0.20.2+737). Could anybody please give me a short answer which key is the right one and which configuration file is the right one to place the key?
>
> 1) mapreduce.job.userhistorylocation ?
> 2) hadoop.job.history.user.location ?
>
> Is the mapred-site.xml the right config-file for this key?

	I don't know about Cloudera, but on the real Hadoop, you don't want to write these to HDFS.  If the write fails (which can happen under a variety of circumstances), all job logging gets turned off.

Re: User History Location

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
For cloudera-related questions, please use their mailing lists.

J-D

Re: User History Location

Posted by Harsh J <qw...@gmail.com>.
File is mapred-site.xml, and 'hadoop.job.history.user.location' is the
right one for locations on the (D)FS for jobs.

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com