Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Achim Domma <do...@procoders.net> on 2013/05/13 15:12:41 UTC

Getting "explain" information of more like this search in a more usable format

Hi,

I'm executing a more like this search using the MoreLikeThisHandler. I can add "score" to the fields to be returned, but that's all I could find about getting information about how/why documents match. I would like to give my users more hints why documents are similar, so I would like to display important overlapping terms. If I specify debugQuery=true the result contains a "explain" section which is quite detailed, but in a text format I would have to parse. Is there a way to get this kind of information in a more usable way which does not force me to use a debug-flag? I'm mainly interested in showing the terms which each result document has in common with the reference document.

regards,
Achim

Re: Getting "explain" information of more like this search in a more usable format

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Try debug.explain.structured=true, which will give you an XML response that
can be traversed.

Don't worry about the fact that these features are labeled "debug" - they
are there simply to explain what is happening. Is there some particular
concern you have about them being labeled "debug"? Although, you are not the
first person to complain! What if Solr simply renamed these features with
the term "detail" instead of "debug" - would that cure your concern?!

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by Andre Bois-Crettez <an...@kelkoo.com>.
On 05/14/2013 03:44 PM, Andre Bois-Crettez wrote:
> On 05/13/2013 03:12 PM, Achim Domma wrote:
>> I'm mainly interested in showing the terms which each result document has in common with the reference document.
>>
>> regards,
>> Achim
> It seems a good job for highlighting ?
> http://docs.lucidworks.com/display/solr/Highlighting
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrConfigXml#The_Highlighter_plugin_configuration_section
>
> André Bois-Crettez

Sorry, forget what I said, I totally overlook you where using MLT, and
it does not seem possible to combine it with highlighting.

André

--
André Bois-Crettez

Search technology, Kelkoo
http://www.kelkoo.com/

Kelkoo SAS
Société par Actions Simplifiée
Au capital de € 4.168.964,30
Siège social : 8, rue du Sentier 75002 Paris
425 093 069 RCS Paris

Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et établis à l'attention exclusive de leurs destinataires. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce message, merci de le détruire et d'en avertir l'expéditeur.

Re: Getting "explain" information of more like this search in a more usable format

Posted by Andre Bois-Crettez <an...@kelkoo.com>.