Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Sven Duzont <sv...@keljob.com> on 2005/04/27 13:51:25 UTC

Re[2]: multi word synonym (was Hungarian notation analyzer and phrase queries)

Hello,

What about the solution to index every multi-word synonym as a single
token ?
Example :
Phrase to index : "i love jsp and tomcat"
Synonyms        : "jsp" = "java server pages" = "javaserver pages"
Tokens          : i love jsp               and tomcat
                         java server pages
                         javaserver pages
Position        : 0 1    2                 3   4

This solution will have the advantage to solve the phrase query problems.

One will have also to rewrite queries before parsing it with the
QueryParser. for instance the query (tomcat jsp) will be rewrited as
(tomcat (jsp OR "java server pages" OR "javaserver pages"))

Any thoughts ?
Thanks in advance

---
 Sven