Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Jason Tomforde <jt...@live.com> on 2015/12/18 17:10:47 UTC

XXSF formula evaluation exceptions

Hi.. Is there a list of Exceptions that I can catch when calling XXSFFormulaEvaluator.evaluateFormulaCell()?  I found FormulaParseException and NotImplementedException...

Thank You,
Jason.

Re: XXSF formula evaluation exceptions

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

I don't think there is a definite list of possible Exception-types besides
what you get when you look at the code or run tests. If you plan to catch
all possible exceptions for sure you likely will need to resort to catching
Exception, as otherwise some places might cause an IllegalArgumentException
or IllegalStateException or other RuntimeException instances which are not
declared exceptions.

Dominik.