Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Rodrigo Antonialli <rc...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/06 14:03:35 UTC

Fuseki Namespaces Management

Hi!

I have a question about namespaces in Fuseki:

Is it possible to manage the stored prefixes in a TDB?!

I know that once you load a model in RDF/XML (and Turtle maybe) format, the
prefixes are stored in TDB.

The "problem" is that I cleared all my graphs (CLEAR ALL), but the prefixes
are still there, even after restart (this is because the prefixes are
stored in TDB).

Well, is it possible to clear these prefixes without remove and re-create
the TDB?

Is there some iniciative around to give Fuseki the feature of prefixes
management?

If not, I'd like to give a try and maybe develop a contribution.

What I'm also interested  is the ability to define a default prefix set to
be used in every query, so there wouldn't be the need to declare them every
time (useful for common prefixes like rdf, rtdfs, owl).

For now, I've only edited the sparql.tpl and added the queries directly
into the textarea.

Regards!

Rodrigo C. Antonialli
======================================
Rio Claro - SP - Brasil
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/rcantonialli
Contato:  (19) 98136-2347
              rcantonialli@gmail.com
              Skype: rc_antonialli

Re: Fuseki Namespaces Management

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
(sorry for the delay)

On 11/03/14 17:52, Rodrigo Antonialli wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> Thanks for your tips about the prefixes files!
>
> I downloaded the new-ui branch and it's awesome! Really a great
> improvement.
>
> I understood the prefixes handling at client side. The way it is in the new
> UI, the prefixes are set at qonsole config.
>
> I believe it should integrated with server-side management: for example,
> the prefixes generated by the graphs imported into a TDB store, should be
> loaded in the interface,
> so an user can set all of them and also add some he wants, like it's
> defined now. This way, the server side management can improve this feature.

One way would be for the /{dataset}/namespaces service that returns the
namespaces so the client can handle them.

Going further, add POST to add namespaces
(/{dataset}/namespaces/{prefix}/{encodedURI} might be REST style ...
YMMV ...) wwith GET/PUT/DELETE

> About the development, I have some doubts about setting up the enviroment,
> issues, etc.
>
> It's better to send a message in devs list, right?

Yes.

Posted by Rodrigo Antonialli <rc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.