Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sean Blaes <sb...@netsales.com> on 2000/11/10 18:22:51 UTC

Solaris-only page compilation failure

I have a jsp page that compiles and runs fine on NT.  However, when I move
this page over to a solaris box, it sometimes fails to compile the page.  It
is inconsistent, however.  Sometimes, the same page will compile fine.  The
compile error page that I get in IE is attached.

To make this even more strange, if I go to the Sun box, telnet in, find the
.java file and run javac on it, it compiles just fine.  I dug into the
tomcat source and found that the only difference between running javac on
the command line and the way Jasper calls it was that Jasper sets the
-encoding option to "UTF8".  I tried doing this as well from the command
line and it still compiled the .java file without errors.

Could this be a timing issue?  Namely, could Jasper be trying to compile a
.java file before it was completely generated?  In looking at the code, I
don't see how it would be possible, but I thought I would throw it out...

Once again, the page with the actual error I received is attached.

 <<browsebuyer_jsp.html>>