Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Lena Reinhard <le...@thehoodiefirm.com> on 2014/09/04 17:30:28 UTC

[BLOG] The CouchDB Weekly News is out

Hi everyone,

this week's CouchDB Weekly News is out:

http://blog.couchdb.org/2014/09/04/couchdb-weekly-news-september-04-2014/

Highlights:
- Release of CouchDB 1.6.1
- updated "How to Contribute" section on the website
- user questions and answers from the community
- "The Definitive Introduction" to CouchDB
- Video tutorial: "Getting started with CouchDB and PouchDB"
- use cases: "tracking expenses with CouchDB & AngularJS" and "Migrating a Production CouchDB database with Joyent and Stud"
- Sebastian Rothbucher is a CouchDB committer now
- as well as the regular Q&A, discussions, "get involved", events, job opportunities (many new ones this time!) and "time to relax!"-content

Thanks to Noah, Dave, Andy and Akshat for submitting links!

We want to ask you to help us promote the News, this is also a way to contribute to the project –
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CouchDB/status/507550472547205121
Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/CouchDB/comments/2fglf3/couchdb_weekly_news_september_04_2014/
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/5242010/comments?topic=5913315225372753920&type=U&scope=5242010&stype=C&a=RRpk&goback=.bzo_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_apache*5couchdb
G+: https://plus.google.com/b/109226482722655790973/+CouchDB/posts/4UX1n6aiDTm
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=570695176296044&id=507603582605204

Thank you & all the best

Lena

Re: [BLOG] The CouchDB Weekly News is out

Posted by Akshat Jiwan Sharma <ak...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Lena for the news. Very good week this for couchdb so much to
talk about :)