Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Miguel A Paraz <mp...@mparaz.com> on 2003/12/24 07:56:17 UTC

Re: X.509 DN's in tomcat-users.xml / MalformedObjectNameException

OK, my typo.  When I said:

> > But UserRealm doesn't like it.  I tried URL-escaping the '=' to '%3D' but

I meant MemoryRealm, so I entered this into tomcat-users.xml:

<user username="/C=PH/ST=NCR/L=Pasig/O=mparaz.com/OU=personal/CN=Miguel A Paraz/emailAddress=mparaz@mparaz.com"
  password="ignored"
  roles="role1"/>

Where the username attribute comes from the DN of the OpenSSL-generated
certificate.

The heart of my question - and the original poster's - would be how to deal
with the javax.management.MalformedObjectNameException that comes from
having '=' characters in the username.