Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Lucas Junqueira <lu...@yahoo.com> on 2013/05/05 04:39:18 UTC

encrypted media files

Hi, is there a way to encrypt media files like videos, audios and pictures, and decrypt them while playing using the standard media-playing classes like video (netstream), sound and loader?

I'm willing to distributed some media files with an AIR application that I want to be played only on my app, and considering that people may gain access to them, I want to find some way to protect them. Is this possible?

Thank you!

Re: encrypted media files

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 05/05/2013 03:39, Lucas Junqueira wrote:
> Is this possible?
Medium :-)

What are you going to spend ?
Are you prepared to encrypt your output .swf, for instance, so the
decrypt keys aren't visible ?
Can you afford to store the encrypted files and/or keys online and
retrieve as needed ?

How much money/time has the attacker got ?

Given totally effective DRM against a motivated attacker on a computer
under their control is impossible, you need to consider the trade offs.

Tom

Re: encrypted media files

Posted by Scott Matheson <sm...@intralinks.com>.
You could consider holding them as binary objects, not mp3, that way they will, not know what to do with these files

Sent from my iPad

On 5 May 2013, at 03:40, "Lucas Junqueira" <lu...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi, is there a way to encrypt media files like videos, audios and pictures, and decrypt them while playing using the standard media-playing classes like video (netstream), sound and loader?
>
> I'm willing to distributed some media files with an AIR application that I want to be played only on my app, and considering that people may gain access to them, I want to find some way to protect them. Is this possible?
>
> Thank you!

Disclaimer: This electronic mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this email, and destroy all copies of this email and any attachments. Thank you.

Re: encrypted media files

Posted by ya...@szfore.com.
i encrypted my file with xor。first,create hash value of password,second,loop and xor the password and bytearray of file。

发自我的 iPad

在 2013-5-6,21:29,Fréderic Cox <co...@gmail.com> 写道:

Re: encrypted media files

Posted by Fréderic Cox <co...@gmail.com>.